Error when adding webpart

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Hi there
Thx for your solution. But after installation, while adding the webpart to a webpart zone, I receive a 'unable to add selected webpart' Cannot import SPOBirthdaywebpart...
What am I doing wrong?
peter
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Hi Peter,

Try this:

• Go to your Main Page, Choose “Site Actions”, “Site Settings”, “Modify All Site Settings”
  • In the column “Galleries”, choose “Web Parts”
  • Click “New”
  • Check the “Overwrite if file already exists?”
  • Look for the SPOShowBirthdayWebPart and check this too
  • Click the button “Populate Gallery”
  • Try adding the web part to a webpart zone.

Let me know if this works or not. Thanks.

Regards,
Erwin

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Hi
It worked.. great.. Strange that through the setup.exe it didn't work, but after importing it worked..
Can I give you some tips?
the display name is now Name en date.
I would like to have control over this. For instance First name and last name. So is it possible to make some kind of grid through XSLT in where the administrator can alter the default xslt? Or maybe you can build this in the UI off the webpart.
Also it would be nice of the birthday webparts has the default sharepoint option to show the presence.. Like the contacts details webpart. You have that green of red cirkel which showes the online presence...
You're doing great work!
THX
Peter

2009/1/28 Erw1n <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Peter,

Try this:

• Go to your Main Page, Choose "Site Actions", "Site Settings", "Modify All Site Settings"
  • In the column "Galleries", choose "Web Parts"
  • Click "New"
  • Check the "Overwrite if file already exists?"
  • Look for the SPOShowBirthdayWebPart and check this too
  • Click the button "Populate Gallery"
  • Try adding the web part to a webpart zone.

Let me know if this works or not. Thanks.

Regards,
Erwin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharepointology@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharepointology@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com